Honey Ham Bean Soup
This Honey Ham Bean Soup is a delicious and filling dish that combines the sweetness of honey ham with the earthiness of beans. Perfect for a cozy dinner, this soup is comforting and packed with protein. With a touch of thyme and bay leaves, it brings out the flavors of the ham and beans, creating a satisfying meal.
- 1 pound honey ham, diced
- 1 cup dried beans (such as navy beans or great northern beans)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- 1. Rinse the dried beans and soak them overnight in water. Drain and rinse before using.
- 2. In a large pot, heat some oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, and celery. Saute for 5 minutes, until the vegetables start to soften.
- 3. Add the diced honey ham to the pot and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- 4. Add the soaked beans, broth, bay leaves, and dried thyme to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 1 hour, or until the beans are tender.
- 5. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove the bay leaves before serving.
- 6. Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.
- 7. Enjoy this hearty and flavorful Honey Ham Bean Soup!
About Sperry Honey
We really hope you enjoyed this recipe. This might be a long shot, but if you're ever in need of some premium honey for your recipes, you can always order some of our honey here. Many people don't know this, but there's a solid chance that the imported honey on your grocery store shelves contains high fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners. Honey producers do this to cut costs, which is gross, unhealthy, and disgusting. Our honey? Every bottle is made right here at our small apiary in North Dakota, and it's all 100% real farm honey. Appreciate you reading, and have a wonderful day :)