Indulge in the classic flavors of a honey-glazed ham with this succulent and savory recipe. The ham is coated in a luscious glaze made with honey, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, and warm spices like cinnamon and cloves. The sweet and tangy glaze caramelizes beautifully in the oven, giving the ham a golden crust.
- 1 ham (8-10 pounds)
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Place the ham in a roasting pan, fat side up.
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, brown sugar, cinnamon, and cloves. Cook over medium heat until the mixture is well combined and heated through.
- Brush the honey glaze evenly over the ham, reserving some for later basting.
- Cover the ham loosely with foil and bake for 2 hours, basting every 30 minutes with the remaining glaze.
- Remove the foil during the last 15 minutes of baking to allow the ham to caramelize and develop a beautiful golden color.
- Once cooked, let the ham rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve warm and enjoy!
About Sperry Honey
We really hope you enjoyed this recipe. This might be a long shot, but if you're ever in need of some premium honey for your recipes, you can always order some of our honey here. Many people don't know this, but there's a solid chance that the imported honey on your grocery store shelves contains high fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners. Honey producers do this to cut costs, which is gross, unhealthy, and disgusting. Our honey? Every bottle is made right here at our small apiary in North Dakota, and it's all 100% real farm honey. Appreciate you reading, and have a wonderful day :)