Honey Bun Cookies
These Honey Bun Cookies are a delightful treat that captures the essence of a classic honey bun in a cookie form. The soft and chewy cookies have a subtle honey flavor, fragrant cinnamon, and a touch of nutmeg.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, for topping
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and honey until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the milk. Mix until just combined.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop tablespoon-sized portions of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving space between each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cookies have cooled, dust them with powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy these delicious honey bun cookies!
About Sperry Honey
We really hope you enjoyed this recipe. This might be a long shot, but if you're ever in need of some premium honey for your recipes, you can always order some of our honey here. Many people don't know this, but there's a solid chance that the imported honey on your grocery store shelves contains high fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners. Honey producers do this to cut costs, which is gross, unhealthy, and disgusting. Our honey? Every bottle is made right here at our small apiary in North Dakota, and it's all 100% real farm honey. Appreciate you reading, and have a wonderful day :)