Crispy Honey-Roasted Banana Sundaes
Indulge in these irresistible Crispy Honey-Roasted Banana Sundaes made with ripe bananas coated in a sweet honey-butter mixture and coated in a crunchy mix of crisp rice cereal and chopped almonds. Baked until golden and crispy, these banana halves are served over luscious scoops of vanilla ice cream, topped with whipped cream, and drizzled with caramel sauce.
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- Vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Caramel sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Peel the bananas and cut them in half lengthwise.
- In a small bowl, mix together the honey and melted butter.
- On a plate or shallow dish, combine the crisp rice cereal and chopped almonds.
- Dip each banana half into the honey-butter mixture, then roll it in the cereal and almond mixture, pressing gently to help it adhere.
- Place the coated banana halves on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the coating is crispy and golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Serve the crispy honey-roasted banana halves over scoops of vanilla ice cream.
- Top with whipped cream and drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Enjoy immediately!
About Sperry Honey
We really hope you enjoyed this recipe. This might be a long shot, but if you're ever in need of some premium honey for your recipes, you can always order some of our honey here. Many people don't know this, but there's a solid chance that the imported honey on your grocery store shelves contains high fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners. Honey producers do this to cut costs, which is gross, unhealthy, and disgusting. Our honey? Every bottle is made right here at our small apiary in North Dakota, and it's all 100% real farm honey. Appreciate you reading, and have a wonderful day :)