Sweet and Tangy Honey Mustard Pretzel Bites
These Sweet and Tangy Honey Mustard Pretzel Bites are the perfect combination of soft and chewy pretzel goodness with a sweet and tangy twist. The pretzel bites are boiled briefly in baking soda water for that classic pretzel texture, then baked until golden brown.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- Coarse salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the honey, mustard, melted butter, and warm water. Stir until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead for 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- Divide the dough into small portions and roll each portion into a rope. Cut the rope into bite-sized pieces.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve the baking soda in 3 cups of boiling water. Carefully drop the pretzel bites into the boiling water for about 30 seconds, then remove them using a slotted spoon and place them onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the pretzel bites with coarse salt and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving. Enjoy these sweet and tangy pretzel bites with honey mustard dipping sauce!
About Sperry Honey
We really hope you enjoyed this recipe. This might be a long shot, but if you're ever in need of some premium honey for your recipes, you can always order some of our honey here. Many people don't know this, but there's a solid chance that the imported honey on your grocery store shelves contains high fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners. Honey producers do this to cut costs, which is gross, unhealthy, and disgusting. Our honey? Every bottle is made right here at our small apiary in North Dakota, and it's all 100% real farm honey. Appreciate you reading, and have a wonderful day :)