Honey Nut Roasted Squash
This Honey Nut Roasted Squash recipe is a delicious and healthy side dish that combines the natural sweetness of butternut squash with the richness of honey and nut flavors. Perfect for fall gatherings or as a nutritious addition to any meal, this roasted squash dish is gluten-free, vegetarian, and packed with warmth and comforting flavors.
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Optional: fresh parsley (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel the butternut squash, remove the seeds, and cut it into 1-inch cubes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, melted butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and black pepper.
- Place the cubed squash in a large mixing bowl and pour the honey mixture over it. Toss until the squash is evenly coated.
- Spread the squash in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle the chopped pecans over the top.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the squash is tender and golden brown, stirring once halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
About Sperry Honey
We really hope you enjoyed this recipe. This might be a long shot, but if you're ever in need of some premium honey for your recipes, you can always order some of our honey here. Many people don't know this, but there's a solid chance that the imported honey on your grocery store shelves contains high fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners. Honey producers do this to cut costs, which is gross, unhealthy, and disgusting. Our honey? Every bottle is made right here at our small apiary in North Dakota, and it's all 100% real farm honey. Appreciate you reading, and have a wonderful day :)