Honey Pepper Sauce (for Fried Chicken)
This honey pepper sauce is a game-changer for fried chicken lovers! Made with simple ingredients such as honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and a blend of spices, this sauce adds a sweet and spicy kick to any meal. Pair it with creamy mac and cheese for a satisfying and comforting meal that's sure to impress. Get ready to take your fried chicken to the next level!
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup water
In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, and rice vinegar until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cornstarch, black pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Add the spice mixture to the honey mixture and stir until well combined.
- Heat the mixture in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Gradually add the water, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens and becomes smooth.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and let cool slightly.
Generously coat your fried chicken with the honey pepper sauce.
About Sperry Honey
We really hope you enjoyed this recipe. This might be a long shot, but if you're ever in need of some premium honey for your recipes, you can always order some of our honey here. Every jug is made right here at our small apiary in North Dakota, and it's all 100% real farm honey. Appreciate you reading, and have a wonderful day :)