Honey Syrup with a Hint of Citrus
This recipe combines the natural sweetness of honey with a refreshing citrus flavor to create a versatile honey syrup. Perfect for adding a touch of sweetness to your favorite beverages, such as cocktails, iced teas, or lemonades.
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup water
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey, water, lemon slices, orange slices, and cinnamon stick.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes to infuse the flavors.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, strain the syrup to remove the citrus slices and cinnamon stick.
- Transfer the honey syrup to a clean bottle or jar for storage.
- The honey syrup can be refrigerated for up to one month.
About Sperry Honey
We really hope you enjoyed this recipe. This might be a long shot, but if you're ever in need of some premium honey for your recipes, you can always order some of our honey here. Many people don't know this, but there's a solid chance that the imported honey on your grocery store shelves contains high fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners. Honey producers do this to cut costs, which is gross, unhealthy, and disgusting. Our honey? Every bottle is made right here at our small apiary in North Dakota, and it's all 100% real farm honey. Appreciate you reading, and have a wonderful day :)