Honey Walnut Prawns
This delicious recipe for honey walnut prawns combines succulent prawns with crunchy walnuts in a sweet and savory honey sauce. The prawns are coated in a crispy cornstarch batter and then tossed in a flavorful sauce made from honey, mayonnaise, soy sauce, and garlic powder. The toasted walnuts add a delightful nuttiness to the dish.
- 1 lb prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Oil for frying
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, mayonnaise, soy sauce, cornstarch, garlic powder, and salt to make the sauce.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat.
- Coat the prawns in cornstarch, shaking off any excess.
- Fry the prawns in batches until golden brown and crispy, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove the prawns with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- In the same pan, add the walnuts and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until toasted.
- Pour in the sauce and cook for another minute until it thickens.
- Add the fried prawns to the pan and toss until well coated in the sauce.
- Serve the honey walnut prawns hot with steamed rice or noodles.
About Sperry Honey
We really hope you enjoyed this recipe. This might be a long shot, but if you're ever in need of some premium honey for your recipes, you can always order some of our honey here. Many people don't know this, but there's a solid chance that the imported honey on your grocery store shelves contains high fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners. Honey producers do this to cut costs, which is gross, unhealthy, and disgusting. Our honey? Every bottle is made right here at our small apiary in North Dakota, and it's all 100% real farm honey. Appreciate you reading, and have a wonderful day :)