Honey Whole Wheat Bread
Enjoy the wholesome goodness of homemade honey whole wheat bread with this simple and delicious recipe. Made with a combination of whole wheat and bread flour, this loaf is perfectly soft, slightly sweetened with honey, and has a nutty flavor.
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, bread flour, yeast, and salt.
- Mix in the warm water, honey, and olive oil until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for about 10 minutes, or until smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with a clean towel, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough and shape it into a loaf. Place the loaf in a greased 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Cover with the towel again and let it rise for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Bake the bread for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack before slicing.
About Sperry Honey
We really hope you enjoyed this recipe. This might be a long shot, but if you're ever in need of some premium honey for your recipes, you can always order some of our honey here. Many people don't know this, but there's a solid chance that the imported honey on your grocery store shelves contains high fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners. Honey producers do this to cut costs, which is gross, unhealthy, and disgusting. Our honey? Every bottle is made right here at our small apiary in North Dakota, and it's all 100% real farm honey. Appreciate you reading, and have a wonderful day :)