Oatmeal Milk and Honey Soap
Indulge in this homemade oatmeal milk and honey soap that combines the goodness of oatmeal, nourishing milk, and soothing honey. This recipe uses natural ingredients and requires a curing period to ensure the best results.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup shea butter
- 1/4 cup lye
- 1. Grind the oats in a blender until it becomes a fine powder.
- 2. In a heat-safe bowl, combine the milk and lye. Stir until the lye is completely dissolved.
- 3. In a separate microwave-safe bowl, combine the coconut oil, olive oil, and shea butter. Heat in the microwave until melted.
- 4. Add the melted oil mixture to the milk and lye mixture. Stir well.
- 5. Add the oatmeal powder and honey to the mixture. Mix until well combined.
- 6. Pour the soap mixture into soap molds and allow it to sit for 24-48 hours, or until firm.
- 7. Once firm, remove the soap from the molds and let it cure for at least 4 weeks before using.
About Sperry Honey
We really hope you enjoyed this recipe. This might be a long shot, but if you're ever in need of some premium honey for your recipes, you can always order some of our honey here. Many people don't know this, but there's a solid chance that the imported honey on your grocery store shelves contains high fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners. Honey producers do this to cut costs, which is gross, unhealthy, and disgusting. Our honey? Every bottle is made right here at our small apiary in North Dakota, and it's all 100% real farm honey. Appreciate you reading, and have a wonderful day :)