Simple Honey Boba Recipe (a.k.a Honey Milk Tea)
Honey boba tea is a Taiwanese beverage that blends tea, milk, and honey with tapioca pearls for a sweet and refreshing drink. The chewy tapioca pearls are soaked in a honey syrup, adding a subtle flavor to the beverage. Honey boba tea can be customized with different tea bases and toppings such as fresh fruit. Enjoyed around the world, this unique drink is a perfect treat for those looking for something sweet and refreshing.
- 1/2 cup uncooked black tapioca pearls
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 6 cups water
- 2 tea bags (black tea or green tea)
- 4 tablespoons honey (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup milk (or milk alternative)
- Ice cubes
For the Boba
For the Tea
Cook the boba according to the package instructions.
- Once the boba is cooked, drain and rinse it under cold water.
- In a small saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of honey and 4 cups of water over medium heat until the honey dissolves.
- Add the cooked boba to the honey water and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Drain the boba and set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and add the tea bags. Let it steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and add 2 more tablespoons of honey (adjust for your preferred sweetness) to the tea. Stir well to combine.
- Divide the boba between two glasses, and pour your desired amount of ice cubes into the glasses.
- Pour the tea over the boba and add ¼ cup of milk (or milk alternative) to each glass.
- Stir well and enjoy your delicious honey boba tea!
About Sperry Honey
We really hope you enjoyed this recipe. This might be a long shot, but if you're ever in need of some premium honey for your recipes, you can always order some of our honey here. Every jug is made right here at our small apiary in North Dakota, and it's all 100% real farm honey. Appreciate you reading, and have a wonderful day :)